Urchfont Recreation Ground
The Recreation Ground is the part of Urchfont Playing Field owned and maintained by Urchfont Parish Council; it comprises a childrens playground, hard play area including basketball net and ball wall, tennis courts operated by Urchfont Tennis Club and open grassed areas. Access to the Recreation Ground is via a gate in the Pathway to Oakfrith Wood; access across the remainder of the playing field is not permitted within Urchfont Primary School operational hours. Dogs are not permitted in the Recreation Ground or wider playing field at any time.
The Parish Council installed new playground equipment in 2016 utilising WC Section 106 funds arising from the development of Manor Farmyard in Urchfont.
The remainder of Urchfont Playing Field is owned by Wiltshire Council and is used during Urchfont Primary School operational hours as exercise green space for the school children. Outside of school operational hours this green area is available for use by the wider community; it includes a football pitch.
WHILST CORONAVIRUS MEASURES ARE STILL IN PLACE, PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS AND HELP US MINIMISE THE RISKS OF SPREADING COVID-19
PLEASE DO NOT:
- Enter this facility if you or anyone in your household are showing symptoms or are self-isolatng
- Enter this play area if it appears busy and avoid equipment that is already occupied
- Bring food into or smoke in this area
- The virus can be transmitted by shoutng, please encourage children to refrain from shoutng
- Ensure that you and any children you are supervising wash or sanitse hands before entering the play area and again on leaving
- Supervise children to maintain good hygiene and avoid touching their faces before and after touching the equipment
- Adults and children are to observe social distancing rules (2 metres where possible) from anyone outside your household or support bubble
- Take all litter, including PPE and wipes home with you
To help us maintain this play area in a safe and useable conditon during these extraordinary times, please tell us about safety issues or defects:
Contact: Clerk to the Council - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Alert - Stay Safe - Stay Well & enjoy the playground
Back to Local Woods and Recreation Areas